The Greater One Within

By Mark E. Baker

1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.


Greater simply means more. The One who is more than enough is in the inside of you. If you are in Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the One who is more is on the inside of you. Because of this we have overcome. To hear many Christians talk, you would think the one who is less is on the inside of them. NO, the One who is more, the greater One is on the inside of us.


This should be the heart cry of every believer. The greater One lives within me. It is because of the greater One that lives within me that I am victorious. It is because of the greater One that lives within me that that I am successful. It is because of the greater One that dwells within me that causes me to triumph in every circumstance of life. Some people would say this is bragging. This certainly isn't bragging on yourself, it is bragging on God and His ability. You're not saying what you can do but what God in you can and is doing.


We should make it a habit to continually declare that the greater One makes us victorious. When we declare this, we are lining our words up with God's words. We are giving God a place to work in our lives when we speak what He has told us to speak. This is not presumption it is obedience to His Word. Presumption is to assume something, and I am not talking about that at all. I am talking about acting on knowledge. We are acting on what we know to be true and declaring it to be so. Start to declare in obedience the greater One will cause me to succeed. I will not fail but will put my faith in Him. His Word tells us to do this in 2 Corinthians 4:13.


2 Corinthians 4:13 But since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I believed and therefore I spoke,'' we also believe and therefore speak,


This will open the way for the greater One to rise up inside of you. When we do this we magnify Him and open the door for Him to give us enlightenment, direction, and revelation to our spirit, healing to our bodies, and help and comfort in every situation of life.


Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


He's telling us in His Word to come boldly and ask for this help, it's there when we need it. 
Some people would say I don't know if I can do that or not, yet we are told to come boldly and ask. This is telling us to do it, God wants us to have His help. We should receive it and begin to walk in it.


One aspect of this is that we must come to realize that that He is always with us.


Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness, and be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.''


We all face life's trials, let we can take great comfort in the fact the Holy Spirit of God has taken up residence within us. He's always present to help, not just when we feel like it but always, whether we feel like it or not. Our faith can not be based on our feelings. It must be based on what we know to be the truth of God's Word. I would encourage you not to look to the circumstances but to look to the greater one within. The Holy Spirit will quicken God's Word to your spirit and make it real. It is all too easy to take our eyes off of the one who has set us free and to dwell on the negative circumstances that come at us in life. Look to the inside where the greater one dwells, not to the circumstances.


We can know that regardless of the circumstances we have victory on the inside of us, if we will just give Him the opportunity to work on our behalf.


As our opening Scripture declares. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.


We are of God. Begin to meditate on this until it is so real that nothing can take it from you, and know that as God's child you have been called to succeed. God doesn't want His children beat up and run down. Just the opposite is true. However we will just begin to realize it and walk in the light of it. Let Him speak this quiet assurance into your spiritual being and allow the One who is more to rise up in you, and begin to see yourself as the Holy Father see us in Christ.


We can then say with confidence, greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.


God's Word tells us that the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in us.


Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.


This is not some different spirit but the very same Spirit dwells in us and will give life to our mortal bodies. You might say I don't know about that. It is absolutely so. This is talking about the here and now, our mortal bodies not our resurrected bodies that we will have in Heaven. We won't need our bodies quickened when we are in Heaven. We need it now. This is part of the Covenant that has been purchased for us. Along with the forgiveness of sin we also have the healing of our bodies. Acknowledging this fact is what brings the manifestation. We will not receive it if we won't believe it and acknowledge it to be so. This is the same way we get born again. We have to believe it and acknowledge the fact. This is the way God allows our faith to manifest the promises of His Word in our lives.


Start to declare it out of your mouth and believe it in your heart. How can we expect to walk in God's best if we won't acknowledge God's best? God's best is here for us. It has been freely given. Let us acknowledge it to be true and begin to walk in this new creation reality. The Apostle Paul said...


1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 
12. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.


We don't have all revelation now, but we can begin to get God's revelation and start to walk in it. We must start somewhere, and now is as a good a place as any to begin. The Apostle Paul had great revelation of the mystery of the Gospel, yet this mystery was not just for him. It was given to him for us all, so that we can know who we are and walk in the reality of what God has called us to be.


-- Simple English


John 14:16 I will ask my Father and He will give you another Comforter--the Spirit of truth. He will be with you forever. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don't see him or know him, but you know him because he stays with you--he is in you.


The Amplified translation says it like this... And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby) that He may remain with you forever.


I truly believe that most Christians ignore the supernatural in search of the spectacular. Right on the inside of them is the Supernatural Helper. The One who has all the answers. The One who can lead and guide us into all truth. The Holy Spirit always leads us, He never pressures or pushes us. This is contrary to what many Christians believe. The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a Gentleman. He is our guide. If we will not follow Him He will never force us. The Word say He will lead us and guide us into all truth. Our part to play in this is to be obedient and teachable, to have a willing heart to follow after God wherever He leads us. He will prompt us and even urge us, but He will never force us.


Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;


We see that a willing attitude and obedience will bring the kind of results that God wants for us.


We have no right to complain and say why hasn't God done this for me. I certainly don't have all the answers but I know that there are reasons for everything. We have a part to play in this just as the Lord has His part to play. He always honors His end of the deal. If we want to get the kind of results that declares to all that we are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus then we must begin to walk in the light of the revealed Word of God, to acknowledge His truth above all other circumstances, to be lead by the Holy Spirit and walk in line with His Word.


I would like to encourage you to begin to look to the greater One within. He's always there to help. He's our helper, our comforter, and our guide. He is a great gift to us. If you are in Christ Jesus than the Holy Spirit is within you, however if you have never accepted Christ then you need to take the first step and ask Him to be the Lord of your life. He will be happy to oblige, and He will never leave you or forsake you.


I urge you to earnestly pray the following prayer.


Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. Your word says, "...and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (Jn.6:37),


So I know You won't cast me out, but You take me in, And I thank you for it. You said in your Word, "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' (Ro. 10:13).


I am calling on Your name, So I know You have saved me now, You also said, "...that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation." (Ro.10:9,10).


I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe He was raised from the dead for my justification. And I confess Him now as my Lord, Because Your Word says, "... with the heart one believes to righteousness..." and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21),


And I am saved! Thank You, Lord! 
I can now truthfully say, I see myself as a born again child of God!


Glory to God!!!! Amen.






Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/179028

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Disclaimer: Some of the pictures , stories, articles are taken from third party websites and blogs. If you like a pictures , stories, articles, please buy that work since sales of these contents is the sole manner in which artists contributing to the work are compensated for their time and effort. Some of the pictures , stories, articles and copyrights are owned by their respective creators. www.DailyJesus.co(or) www.DailyJesusNow.blogspot.com is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. The listing of a link shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
free counters